Pages

Sunday 12 April 2015

Anything Goes - Looking Chic!

Hi Everyone

It's time for another Challenge over at Scribble and Scrap Challenge Blog


The Theme is Anything Goes and it would be fabulous if you would come over and join in with us in Challenge #42.

My DT Creation this time is a Shutter Card which I have made in advance for one of my Children's Teachers for September when they move classes/schools. (I have several Teacher/Thank You Cards to make)  I have never made a Shutter Card before.  I have always liked them when I have seen them dressed up.  I thought that they were one of these things that looked difficult but was actually easy.  How wrong was I??? lol!  They are as difficult and fiddly as they look and mine is a fairly plain layout.  I must admit I nearly threw it across the room several times but I persevered and I am happy with the outcome.

The Image is one of my absolute favourites.  It is from Penny Johnson and is called Looking Chic.  I stamped it using a memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad and coloured her using ProMarkers.  The Verse is from Circa Designs and the Thank you Teacher is from Stampingallday.  I used Bazzill Blackbird as my Base/Frame Layer and the Patterned Paper is from the Dovecraft Sweet Paris Paper Pack.  I added some Pearl Trim for a bit of Glitz and a Pink Satin Bow to Finish.




I hope you have enjoyed sharing my Card with me.  Please come on over and join in with this fortnights Challenge.  Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again soon.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card Lisa, very elegant! Love the paper choices, they really compliment the image. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the design and the gorgeous papers. Chris ( your fellow dt) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic card Lisa. I love the pretty paper and sweet image xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card... so much effort must have gone into it. Fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, WOW, WOW there is nothing 'plain' about this Lisa is is absolutely beautiful, love the image you have used also the gorgeous papers and sentiment, brilliant card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete


  6. What a beautifull card and so many nice details !
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Crafty Creations Challengeblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa this is a fantastic card. I adore the shape and the way you have decorated it. You have made something very special. Hugs Jackie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fold! Love the papers... and the image and sentiment! Thanks for sharing with Create and Inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, thank you for joing us over on the I Love promarkers challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the design of this card! Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card design and love the papers, image and sentiment great job
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Hi There. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Hope to see you again soon